
I had my Photography class hours ago and as expected we had a nude photo shoot. I remember that the model was the same model the school hired for Photography 1 classes and now Im taking up photography two.
And yes its a SHE. Shes nice enough to cooperate with how we want her to pose i explored the camera setting and im surprised with how my shots differ from the other and how easy the Digital SLR is compared to the manual camera although film is more refined on close up than the digital photos we use nowadays.
We covered her face with a large cardboard (large enough to cover her face) the first one is printed with an "X" on it. The second was printed with a question mark and the last one is with an exclamation point
were about to finish the whole session and we are only allowed to take a few shots for the last 5 minutes of the photo shoot. The professor asked what could be a good pose that would symbolize the large exclamation point on the cardboard which the model is wearing. I answered "By posing like the oblation sir."
the Professor agreed to my suggestion although a few more students proposed something else the moment they were asked.
After the session I got really confused whether i should feel bad about my suggestion or the whole nude session thing to some point i know what shes feeling at that moment because shes also a woman.
Well technically i just did my job no more no less.Although we always ask her if the pose is fine with her. We dont just decide although we know that shes being paid to be a material for our fine art madness.
I rememberd a book I've read from the library a year ago its about effective ads and one of the most effective elements are women. which gave me the impression that pretty women or women with outstanding body features are being used as materials for magazines, ads and the like.
It bothers me really for im a woman and i make ads to. and one way or the other I'll be given tasks which involves women in the line. I am responsible and will be responsible for maing these ads. This situation seemed to cut me into half i dont even want to consider the whole nude session thing immoral. were not talking about obscenity here its the natural art of the human figure.
oh well i dunno what t think about now. next week I will be anticipating a 2 nude sessions and this time well have a man as models. One for Photography and another one for Life drawing.

haha. if i were you, i wouldnt feel bad about it. both of you are just doing what youre supposed to. it just so happens that the two of you are on different side of the lens. :)
ReplyDeletejust feel good that you both did your job. and i hope you did yours well. :]
patingin naman nung kinuha mong pics. para malaman ko kung good job din yung model. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! haha. :]
Oh no you cant Jessmond really sorry man but the photos are exclusive to me, my professor and the cooperative model.
ReplyDeleteLOL. joke lang. haha. :] meron naman akong....
ReplyDeleteoops. too much info. tama na. haha. :P
kung anu man yan i dont need to know what that is, especially if its another physics formula which my mind couldnt reach
ReplyDelete